Saturday, December 20, 2008

Introduction

Hey there in Blogland, this is my first post here at Atheist Muscle.
You may have seen me in a darkened corner at the ARC snickering at the curl and bench press monkeys.
You may have seen me in the gym using the squat rack!

Here was my workout for the day

Front squat: 185lbs x5, 195lbs x 5, 205lbs x 5
Press: 100lbs, 3 x 5
Bent Over Row: 125lbs 3 x 5
Weighted Chins: 20lbs 3 x 5 (failed last 3 on last set)

Alex and I have been doing one of the many starting strength variations that you can find on the internet, and it's great. Though I am trying to come to a greater understanding of how to best progress once you are unable to add weight to the bar every workout. So far, I have been doing back-off sets for squat, and sometimes the other ones too. I also am trying to ramp up my weight on squats, as well as have lighter and heavier days. I know there is a lot more that I can do for this and am looking into the best ways do go about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment