Friday, January 9, 2009

"A" is for, "Absolute Shit"

Which is pretty much how I felt about Squats yesterday.

Squats 180/185/185
DB Bench Press 3x5 55
Sumo Deadlift 1x5 185
Dips 1/2/1
DB lolCurls 3x5 32.5

I tried 190, but just failed miserably on it and my form on 185 wasn't that great either. This might just have been a bad day in general, but everything else felt fine so I have no real clue as to what the hell happened. I probably just need to come to grips with the fact that two weeks of sitting on my ass has set me back a few weeks on squats and quit QQ'ing about it so much and just harden the fuck up.

Bench went well. 55 pound dumbbells are heavy, but manageable. I'm not sure how I'm going to increment up since they only go up in five pound chunks from here on out. I'm thinking of doing something like 55/60/55, 55/60/60, then 3x5 at 60 for a week. We'll see how it goes.

Deadlifts felt amazing again. I think I've got the form on Sumo about right so now it's just a matter of incrementing five pounds every workout until I hit a plateau and then just increment weekly after that, kinda like I did with Squats. I have a feeling my deadlift is going to stay in close step with squats though.

That second rep on the second set of dips hurt like hell, but felt really good. I was doing 2/2/2 before I left and it feels good to have made some progress again.

I incremented curls up a notch. They hurt like hell once again so that's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment